Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-22-2020, 10:50 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Follow up thought is that Brunson is on a rookie deal, definitely not hurting anyone, so I'd also be ok with him just being the 3rd PG, if that's what they decide to do.

(09-22-2020, 10:48 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I get what you're saying but I don't think Rick has any issue with having both Burke and Brunson, it really comes down to cost. Burke is a change of pace guy which is pretty handy.

That's true, if he's a minimum guy, but I don't anticipate that being the case. 

Plus, if you get the version of him you got in the playoffs he's way, way better than a change of pace guy. Like, WAY better. THAT version of Burke might be better than Brunson will ever be, even in the most optimistic version of his career.

I definitely don't think you bring Burke back if you view him as an out of rotation "change of pace" player. If that's how they view him, I think they move on. 

He was one of their 5 best players in the playoffs, easy.
It's not like Burke has never played like he did in the playoffs before. If you were gonna get that short stint of Burke on a consistent basis, we would have seen it before. He's 27, not 21. Marquis Daniels was a beast in the playoffs once upon a time. But a least he was young. You don't project late 20's players with years of NBA experience off a handful of good games.

If one of the 3&D wings we might pick with pick 18 in the draft isn't there, I'd rather us take Kira Lewis Jnr, and roll with him and Brunson as the backup PG's. He's much more talented than Brunson or Burke.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Dundalis - 09-22-2020, 11:32 AM