Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-22-2020, 10:50 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Follow up thought is that Brunson is on a rookie deal, definitely not hurting anyone, so I'd also be ok with him just being the 3rd PG, if that's what they decide to do.

(09-22-2020, 10:48 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I get what you're saying but I don't think Rick has any issue with having both Burke and Brunson, it really comes down to cost. Burke is a change of pace guy which is pretty handy.

That's true, if he's a minimum guy, but I don't anticipate that being the case. 

Plus, if you get the version of him you got in the playoffs he's way, way better than a change of pace guy. Like, WAY better. THAT version of Burke might be better than Brunson will ever be, even in the most optimistic version of his career.

Just knowing Rick he would be completely fine with Burke and Brunson. He can play 2 small guards or 3 guard lineups. I am holding onto my Brunson stock and I expect big things. He is a baller. I hope we can keep Burke but Mavs aren't going to overpay to keep him
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-22-2020, 10:54 AM