Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-22-2020, 07:50 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I'm imagining Jackson plus #31 for Frank as a comparison.

Which is a high price for a total reclamation project. Do we really want to spend assets for such risk? 

(09-22-2020, 07:50 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: The question regarding your names is one of cost vs. expendibility. 

Of course. And I don't know if it is possible to trade for any of them. But I sure want to try all those options before moving down to Frank.

(09-22-2020, 07:50 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I think you can forget about Wright/18 for Richardson. 

We have been to Richardson plenty of times and I know that. We need third team or Richardson to be moved to a third team - like in a CP3 trade. Seth+31 would also be intriguing.

(09-22-2020, 07:50 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I see absolutely no upside to Snell and Johnson. 

They are better fit than Wright and we gain flexibility. Exactly what HIBW is.

(09-22-2020, 07:50 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Schroder was VERY close to being sixth man of the year.  OKC has picks out the wazoo.  I don't think Wright plus 18 gets this done.

Yes, he was. The big question is, can OKC really get more than #18 for his expiring contract? Rebuilders will not be competing for him and contenders have mostly worst picks. Unless someone like Atlanta jumps in, it is very likely Wright+Jackson+#18 matches something a team like Milwaukee or Philly can offer.

(09-22-2020, 07:50 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Just to be clear, Cato didn't say Frank wouldn't work here. 

Never said that

(09-22-2020, 07:50 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I just read a piece about possible OKC and NYK deals and the OKC writer seemed pretty enamored with the idea of Ntilikina.

Well, if you look at NYK roster and you put Garret and Robinson of the table - who can you be enamored with? Smile Frank looks smoking good in that bunch of trash NY has under contract
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by omahen - 09-22-2020, 08:02 AM