Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-22-2020, 03:21 AM)omahen Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 02:15 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I see a potential starter in Frank depending on what happens elsewhere on the roster. 

I think Mavs should and will aim for bigger and more proven fish. We are not into developing reclamation projects business. As I said before, this is like plan Q - a lot of things should not happen to come to this.

As I've said before.  There are three potential paths.  1.  Plan Powder.  2. Plan Have it Both Ways and 3. Plan Go for it now (and Powder be damned).

If you said with certainty that we are going through door #3, then yes, there are better ways to spend money.  But reclamation projects on expiring contracts are exactly the idea with Door #2.  Frank doesn't have to be a star.  He just has to be close to as good as Wright and make Wright's contract go away in Plan Powder or Plan HIBW's.  Or, as good as Jackson (low bar) and maintain the same cap flexibility.

So, is the issue you have with Frank or with the idea of not going for it now?  I'm not advocating HIBW's.  But, we've spend a good bit of time on Go for it Now plans.  With Giannis sounding somewhat open to change, I thought it was time to think about alternatives.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by DanSchwartzgan - 09-22-2020, 06:40 AM