Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I agree about not wanting three shrimps that all come off the bench, Scott. Totally.

The thing is, Burke does stuff that Curry can't do, which is why he went from unemployed to like 4th or 5th most important player on the team in the bubble. 

Part of that is because Brunson was hurt, but part of it was just that my dude was playing REALLY well, and doing something nobody else on the team can do, except for Luka. I'd argue he does it quite a bit better than Brunson, whom I LOVE, due to his lethal mid-range game. 

I agree with DanSchwartzman, that ideally, they'd want a BETTER version of Burke, as he could potentially have been on the best streak of his life. But, every time I try to identify that player, there are problems with him, either that I can see or that others bring to my attention. And, IF Burke can do what he did in the playoffs at far below the MLE, which is what I think he'll cost, that's yet another team friendly deal, no?

I think he, or someone like him, could potentially be 6th man of the year in this offense, and log a lot of minutes WITH Luka, too. I think that's important.

Long story short, I'd pull the trigger on him, provided I couldn't find a similar guy I like better, and I'd be willing to move on from Brunson, Curry or both to fill in other holes. It's not that I dislike those players, because I like them both a lot. I just think Burke's playmaking is next level, relative to them. 

But Hell, maybe Brunson turns a corner this year. Wouldn't shock me.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-21-2020, 10:19 PM