Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-21-2020, 09:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 09:22 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Who would you target for the MLE? I’m only finding a few names worth the full $9.2 million.

1. Jerami Grant
2. Ibaka
3. Dragic
4. Crowder
5. DJJ
6. Millsap

Possibly none of those guys are even available. Not seeing anyone else to give it to in full

Tbh, I'm finding it more difficult that normal to predict how far the MLE will even go this time around. I just don't have a sense for how some of these teams are going to handle the real-life situation, financially. 

For example, any other year, I'd be sure Crowder was in the process of playing his way to a slight or even heavy overpay, likely to be regretted down the line. But, he might actually be an MLE target, especially since we know Miami is all in on 2021. 

Anyway, I actually think ANY of the players you listed would help the team.
You’re totally right. Tough to predict how teams will react. If pre-covid a team like Houston will give away a 1st to stay under the tax line, what will teams do when there’s no fans at the stadiums and the cap stays the same? Only 1/3 of the league currently has more than the MLE available. Really need to highlight a team like San Antonio. Already $10 million over the cap. We’re about to find out which owners really care about winning(we never worry). Will playoff teams like the Magic and Pacers sell? Teams like Chicago already at $106 million will all need to lower payroll
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Jason Terry - 09-21-2020, 10:17 PM