Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-21-2020, 07:04 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 06:48 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I would still love to see them do so well this offseason as to be able to bring him off the bench if he stays another year. If all they want him to do is expire (or sign for way less next summer) and not trade him, there's no harm in that. I just don't see a path to two new starters (Luka, KP, and DFS stay in the starting lineup) without trading THJ, although I still think that if they nail the draft and can get a good rental with the MLE, that would still be better than the season-end situation. And no, please no Powell back in the starting lineup. He likely wouldn't be back until midseason anyway, and will have a lot of rust as he comes back.

He didn't do well off the bench for what it's worth altho that doesn't mean he could be good off the bench in the future. I think you can get two good quality players this year. 1 with pick(s) + Wright/Jackson, 1 with MLE.

I saw you posted Jrue Holiday as a target and I would love him but so would every team. I have come to the realization that Jrue is going to fetch a large haul for the Pels. Oladipo is going to get a great return. 90 yr old CP3 is probably going to fetch a good return (WTF)!

THJ + picks could get you something, I am not sure whatever that is that would be better than THJ + something else (ie picks + Wright/Jackson). What I am saying is that your net result either THJ + player from the Wright/18 trade is going to be better than just THJ + 18.

I am sure I have posted THJ + 18 for OPJ 10 times on this board and I wouldn't hate it I just doubt the Mavs will do it. I would love THJ + 18 for Aaron Gordon which I also think the Mavs won't do. Even if they would I expect Gordon to fetch a nice haul if he is traded. THJ is valued more here than he is on the open market. I don't think there is a team that's like, man we need to get our hands on THJ. The guys to trade are Wright+Jackson and #18 gives you the opportunity to do that.

His major defensive shortcomings make him a no-go as a starter if the Mavs are at all serious about next year, which they must be in order to avoid friction with the most coveted player in the league. As for #18, I would be very angry, tbqh, if the Mavs traded it for anything less than a starter. Don't underestimate the value of having a player on the rookie scale during Luka's rookie deal. Of course, if the Mavs draft someone and he's a bust, that would be a gigantic waste and you all can come back and feed me crow.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 09-21-2020, 07:33 PM