Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-21-2020, 05:04 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I put that word in quotes, because that was his reputation. He put up an INSANE amount of shots everywhere he has gone (especially threes), but never did it at a high percentage. If you shoot a lot at an average or lower percent you get labeled a "chucker." 

THJ was NOT a "chucker" this year, but I guarantee, if his three % slips back to his career average you will start seeing that label on him A LOT.

I think it's reasonable to think THJ won't revert back to chucking bc he is in a much better system and doesn't have the chuck. He is clearly the 3rd option and gets lots of wide open f-ing shots that he is happy to hoist up there like he's at shoot-around. Forcing up shots is just unnecessary. The beauty of his deal is you get one more year (assuming he opts-in) to see how he fits.

Yes I would rather have a two-way player but I thought he better defensively than his reputation. I just don't believe the Mavs are going to trade him unless they get a clear upgrade bc why would they? Otherwise see what happens in 2021, you will have options to upgrade his position then.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-21-2020, 06:48 PM