Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-21-2020, 05:16 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 05:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Seems like you're almost expecting him to regress next season

My general rule of thumb is that I do not believe a "new leaf" has been turned over until I see two seasons of it. 

We have seen ONE good season of THJ. I will be skeptical until he does it again. But if he does it next year I will believe he has made a lasting change. 

There are just too many examples of one year outliers in guys' careers.

(09-21-2020, 05:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: you've missed a golden opportunity to sell high.

That's my fear. My gut says sell high on THJ now. But it is very possible that I am dead wrong. Who knows, time will tell.
Look at Dennis smith jr. Look at Hardaway. Look at Burke. Just like JJ Barea in Minnesota. Coaching matters. Culture matters. Look at Jimmy Butler and his stops and why he joined miami and why they’re successful. Hardaway is a better player here the same way JJ is better here. They just seem to fit. The fact it took one year is remarkable and something our front office wasn’t even expecting. From negative trade asset in KP trade to now isn’t necessarily the end. We heard all about him being a chucker, yet he had excellent shot selection. I never felt like he went rogue. He’s not just some guy either. He has pedigree. He was not given a starting position either. I do think the negative perception of him is his contract, which if he re-signs with mavs would be around 10-12 million same as everyone else(seth, maxi, dwight)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Jason Terry - 09-21-2020, 05:55 PM