Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-21-2020, 05:04 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 04:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: And when you call him a "chucker" there's a pejorative connotation there that I'm not sure I agree with.

I put that word in quotes, because that was his reputation. He put up an INSANE amount of shots everywhere he has gone (especially threes), but never did it at a high percentage. If you shoot a lot at an average or lower percent you get labeled a "chucker." 

THJ was NOT a "chucker" this year, but I guarantee, if his three % slips back to his career average you will start seeing that label on him A LOT.

No, I get it. 

But hopefully, you agree with me that it was NY's mistake, not the player's, to give him that huge contract, and that the burden of having to score (or attempt to score) at that rate absolutely came with it. 

I mean, we can't blame the guy for accepting a promotion and doing his best. He just wasn't nearly good enough to handle it, especially on that talentless team. What was he supposed to do, turn the money and role down? Kind of similar to Barnes on the Mavs, no? 

This year, totally different story. Now, it seems like he's an important piece in an offense that works. Seems like you're almost expecting him to regress next season, and if he's here, I don't think I do. If he's somewhere else where he's less of a fit, maybe. I will absolutely agree that if he does regress, you've missed a golden opportunity to sell high.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-21-2020, 05:12 PM