Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
"If THJ keeps this up he is a positive for this team (+3.3 on/off this year), but if he reverts then he is a negative (-3.5 on/off the year before). THJ is not a two-way player and THAT is what the Mavs need. THJ only has value if he can reproduce the shooting of this year. And to me, that is a BIG question mark. BIG."

I agree with the above, Kamm. 

I guess where we differ is that I just have more respect for his willingness and ability to get those shots up. Gonna keep saying it, because I believe it: easier said than done. 

And when you call him a "chucker" there's a pejorative connotation there that I'm not sure I agree with. I think both NY and DAL needed and wanted him to shoot those shots. Yes, of course, the function of those shots is much different in an offense run through Luka and KP than it was in NY, where he was often the 1st option, and yes of course, this had a positive influence on the percentages. I think we agree on that. I just want to make sure you're not suggesting that he's out there going rogue. 

At the end of the day, in order to win, SOMEONE has to shoot when open. This year, the first one in a while when the Mavs were any good, THJ did, and really well. All I'm saying is that I think that is (or WAS, if it makes you feel better) more valuable than many around here think. 

I had no idea he, specifically, was such a negative on defense in that playoff series until you shared that +/- the other day, and I'm not trying to argue that at all. They definitely need to improve the defense. 
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-21-2020, 04:58 PM