Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-21-2020, 04:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: 4) OK. I can easily buy that OPJ, is a better defender, just by taking your word for it. I do wonder what the follow up would be though, as OPJ wouldn't technically replace THJ in the lineup.

Of course Luka and KP are the cornerstones of the starting lineup. THJ and DSJ were the other two mainstays, with Powell, Curry, and an occasional Maxi being the others. I would be in the camp (thanks Kamm) that the Mavs' greatest need is that Jrue Holiday-type guy who doesn't need the ball but can do some catch-and-shoot, take some pressure off Luka, play defense, and quarterback when he's out. The second-greatest need (which almost everyone else would say is the greatest need) is a starting-quality three-and-D wing with enough length and size to be the practical four in the Mavs' small ball model. If you get those two players somehow, then DSJ continues to start, unless you can also get someone like Millsap on the very cheap and bring him off the bench.

I would love THJ to remain on the Mavs 1) coming off the bench in a Curry-like role, where I agree he would be arguably better than Curry, and 2) if we didn't have needs (like Giannis, heh) that his future money (ideally, $9-$10 mil per in his new deal) was taking up.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 09-21-2020, 04:43 PM