Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-21-2020, 04:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 04:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: There really are only a handful of shooters in the game who are good enough to shoot a high volume of 3's at an elite percentage. THJ is one of them. Curry, for example, is amazing by percentage alone, but he just can't seem to get as many shots off as you'd like.

Some thoughts:

1) THJ's catch and shoot 3PT% this year was 7% better (!!!!) than the rest of his career and 5% better (!!!) than his career best. He is basically a career 35% catch and shoot 3PT% guy who suddenly jumped to 42%. Is that sustainable? Many of us are concerned it is an outlier.

2) OPJ's catch and shoot 3PT% this year was the same as THJ's and that was OPJ's worst year in the last four. OPJ has been averaging almost 45% (!) on catch and shoot threes over the last four years. He has a proven track record of being a rock steady catch and shoot three guy.

3) Seth's volume is lower because his release is a little bit slower, BUT I think teams picked their poison against the Mavs and always tried to prioritize taking away Seth's shot (as they should). They dared THJ to shoot since he was only a career 35% catch and shoot three guy....and good on THJ that he stepped up. 48% (!) of all of THJ's shots were open or WIDE open three attempts. Dude got a stupid amount of good looks this year thanks to the spacing of Luka/KP/Seth.

4) I am firmly in the camp that THJ's defense is a big issue on this team and needs to be upgraded. I think OPJ for one does that.

Kamm, this post is so beautiful it brought a tear to my eye. I hope someone in the MBT sees this. As for #4, pleased to be in the trenches with you.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 09-21-2020, 04:34 PM