Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
@"Scott41theMavs" nice research on the PO date. Was this the case last year with Powell? I thought his was after the draft last year. If true (and it sounds like it is?) then trades with THJ are certainly on the table. I would caution that the Mavs likely value THJ a lot more than ppl on this board. 

I don't think they would view an OPJ move for example as a big upgrade, but might see that as a lateral move or worse. To me if THJ gets moved its because you are getting a big name like Oladipo. I do think if the Mavs like Oladipo as a potential 3rd star player (and you would think so?) then I could see them taking a swing for Oladipo with no guarantee that he would resign. That would be #18, THJ as the key pieces in that deal. I do believe Pacers can get better value back than that type of offer.

So in my mind the most likely thing to happen draft night is some kind of move involving Wright/Jackson and 18 to find a player upgrade. I could be wrong but the Mavs who are notoriously conservative spending into future max slots will be eager to unload Wright's money and use 18 for something other than a young player that will eat into their 2021 cap space.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-21-2020, 04:13 PM