Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
So the thing with THJ is that if you want to pair him with picks you can't really do that draft night bc he should be in limo opt-in/out status at that time. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but even if THJ is leaning towards one option or another I don't think whatever paperwork gets executed happens until after the draft. For that reason I just don't see THJ being moved frankly at all this offseason. He had a good season, good fit, good contract, why not add to your starters instead of flipping one?

To follow-up on @"Jason Terry"'s point I think he is right on track with the MBT's thinking. I keep going over their potential mindset over and over and I have to think they don't want to tie up 3 mil in that first round pick and we know they aren't going to want Wright's 2021 8 mil on their books either. It makes all the sense in the world that draft night they would want to upgrade Wright+Jackson to get the best player they can get for #18 and also ensure they don't have 11 mil on their books in 2021.

With that as the template and I am trying to figure out what is the best name they could get. To me as Jason said, Oubre is viable and we have also kicked around Schroeder. I would also put Danny Green on that list, most likely as part of a 3-way deal. 

It's possible that the Mavs can't get an upgrade for Wright so they settle for an expiring player and a future lotto-protected pick. This would give the Mavs a first round pick in their arsenal while also dumping that 2021 money. I think a team would do that bc they are getting a for-sure player for #18 right now vs a to-be-named player of similar quality down the line for a relatively low cost.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-21-2020, 02:50 PM