Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-21-2020, 01:13 PM)Jason Terry Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 01:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 12:21 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: That's why such a good player is available to be had. The injuries are not serious though. He had a shoulder injury 56 games into the 18-19 season that he recovered from. Had a sprained ankle and needed 6 stitches in his mouth early this season, he recovered from that. Then he had a foot bruise that he was getting ready to come back from this season before COVID-19 hit. 

Before those minor setbacks he had seasons of 77 games in 17-18, 80 games in 16-17, 75 games in 15-16, and 74 games in 14-15. That's hardly a recipe for being labeled injury prone and none of those injuries are ones that are gameplay debilitating. 

He's a 40% 3 pt shooter on 3.3 attempts/game for his career which includes poor shooting and low attempts in his first 3 years. He's a "guard the other team's best player" defender (1-3, could get away with the 4 if the player is another wing) with lock-down capability. He's 27 years old, not really sure what there is to not like about him.

I am right there with you.
OPj makes sense. Put him at the 3 and have DFS as super sub 6th man of the year. The problem is how do we get him without opening another hole. It would take some crazy maneuvering from us to get it done. Our asset(pick 18) needs to be traded before the draft so they get their guy. If i have this correct we won’t even know if OPj will opt in at that time. Not to mention the salary matching involved. He’s the perfect player to bring in but it almost seems it would be too complicated to make it happen. A more realistic option is Kelly Oubre for 18
I like Oubre, but I’ve heard his stay at Pho has been one where he’s been more relaxed on defense. If that is a product of environment, that could be a bit of a problem here too cause while it seems that defense is being taught, it doesn’t seem to be sinking in. I’m in on him though if he’s committed to playing defense though. That is why I like OPJ more cause he hasn’t let up after moving.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by ItsGoTime - 09-21-2020, 01:20 PM