Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-21-2020, 10:47 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Man I like OPJ but I am surprised this board would part with Maxi. OPJ is a good player but expiring and injury-prone. Maxi's contract is a thing of beauty. There are plenty of teams imo that could use him as their small-ball center. I would peg his value as worth like a mid-round 1st round pick and I would rather have him than #18 all things being equal just bc he is a known quantity.

Mavs should be able to add to this roster without taking important pieces. OPJ is good but can you get a wing in his ballpark without giving up assets? I would argue you can.

I would love A Gordon but I am not getting my hopes up as the Mavs are all in on 2021 cap space. You would have to shed multiple contracts like Wright and Curry to make the money work and I don't think they Mavs will do that. Furthermore I expect the Mavs to completely dump Wright's money this summer to free up net 8 mil or so in 2021 so that they have that max spot fully open (or really close).
Looking at Maxi i think it’s helpful to make comparisons between us and Miami. Here’s a team in the heat that have done everything right. Look at Kendrick Nunn, DJJ and Duncan Robinson. Undrafted vs drafted doesn’t matter at all. They’re just good young players that were acquired. No difference between them and DFS and Maxi in regards to how they were acquired. Yes, Maxi is older, but that doesn’t matter. He only has 3 years in the league, which is fewer than DJJ who is also in the late bloomer category. Speaking of DJJ and DFS.......it’s not surprising that the finalists to sign both of these undrafted FA’s were Dallas and Miami. 

To me our drafted/developed players are Luka, Brunson, Curry, Maxi and DFS. When making trades i think we should keep that in mind. We have all these guys locked up for years on team friendly deals too
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Jason Terry - 09-21-2020, 12:28 PM