Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-21-2020, 12:08 PM)omahen Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 12:06 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I think the Heat can offer him 175% of his current salary (correct me if I am wrong)

Nope, they have his bird rights, so they can offer him as much as they want

Sorry, I should have clarified. For sure Heat *can* offer him whatever they want but they won't bc they aren't going to eat into 2021 space. So even a 2 yr deal over 20 mil will have them out of the running.

(09-21-2020, 12:21 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: He's a 40% 3 pt shooter on 3.3 attempts/game for his career which includes poor shooting and low attempts in his first 3 years. He's a "guard the other team's best player" defender (1-3, could get away with the 4 if the player is another wing) with lock-down capability. He's 27 years old, not really sure what there is to not like about him.

What you call minor setbacks I call missing major time over 3 seasons. I like OPJ as a target but I am not willing to give up Maxi. Salary matching could be an issue without THJ and I don't see how Mavs can include picks with THJ's opt-in status. All that being said if we can get OPJ without giving up a Maxi or Seth type asset I am open to it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-21-2020, 12:22 PM