Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-21-2020, 10:57 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 10:47 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: OPJ is good but can you get a wing in his ballpark without giving up assets? I would argue you can.

Do you have an example of this? 

I struggle to find anything close to what I think OPJ offers on the court.

So not apples to apples but in totality you are looking for an athletic wing. OPJ's biggest issue is his recent injury history which is severe. I think that alone is reason not to give up any major asset.

There are other wings available through trade like Kelly Oubre and FA. I like Justin Holiday as a guy that you could get that won't cost a lot. There are young guys like RHJ and DJJ you could get. Jae Crowder is playing well and Miami is going to have a tough time keeping him as they want 2021 space. I would expect them to try to get as much of a 2020 1-yr raise as they can since they have his bird rights.

There are any number of guys of varying quality so you have to consider what you are getting in terms of production, contract status and what you are giving up to get the player. With that in mind I just don't think OPJ gives you enough over other options to warrant letting go of a key piece like Maxi.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-21-2020, 11:25 AM