Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-16-2020, 04:21 PM)omahen Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 04:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: we gotta get THIS guy off of the roster - He's not a STARTER

Who said out off the roster? If I say Maxi is not a starter, it means he should be like 6-8 player in the rotation, playing 20 mpg and starting duty with some 30+ mpg should be taken by a better player. 

When you guys spoke about chemistry, I would say it is even more important to put guys in right roles that fit their skills. Above is one example. Maxi can be bad starter or an excellent back-up. I prefer him in a role where he is excellent. We can afford to have a good starter and excellent back-up.

If you can get someone better than Kleber, sure, bring him off the bench. If you have to lose Kleber, THJ and Powell to upgrade one position, then sure, you might sleep better at night knowing you've added a "starter," but I think there's a real chance you've just made your team significantly worse. 

These specifics are all useless, because none of them are real. What I'm saying is that what they have NOW is working better than they expected it to work, and I think it would be easier for them to make things worse from here than it would for the team to get better. I hope they don't make things worse, and that's not the same as saying I hope they don't make any roster moves.

@"omahen" I'm not even trying to talk about Kleber, btw. It was just a random example.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-16-2020, 04:28 PM