Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-16-2020, 02:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 02:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Chemistry will almost always be there for bargain bin players like we have on the roster because they are fighting to get and stay in the NBA. Donnie can and has been finding those reclamation projects. What he hasn’t been finding or getting to say yes in FA is the 2 way, know their role, starter players (star or otherwise). Let’s get those guys on the team, then fill in the bench if we have to.

I’m all about chemistry, have asked for it lots during Dirk’s career. However, you need the starting core first.

I agree chemistry is common here in Dallas, but I wouldn't call it a definite, regardless of the payroll. 

Continuity is important. Time playing together is important. There will always be roster turnover, but hopefully no more than needed.
I don’t want to lose the guys who play well and create the good chemistry on our team, but I wouldn’t hesitate in the least, if we’ve identified a player of need that can start for us, to give up any of the guys we’ve confirmed should come off the bench on a contending team.

I get that people hated the Rondo, Toine, Odom, etc. trades, but the starting unit needs a pretty big uplift to be a contender IMO.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by ItsGoTime - 09-16-2020, 02:43 PM