Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-15-2020, 03:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't think you pull the trigger on a contract like Hield's if you're holding out hope for Giannis, but it's debatable whether they should be holding that hope in the first place.

I don't like hearing that "he doesn't play defense" but Hield WOULD be "the better version of Burke" that @"DanSchwartzman" has been screaming for, I'm pretty convinced of that. He can create off the dribble on top of being a spacing threat. And, most importantly, I think he's realistically available. 

I don't hate it. I might hate it in a few minutes when @"Kammrath" kicks the door down with a bunch of numbers and makes me feel like a 'tard, but for the time being, I don't hate it.

(09-15-2020, 03:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Hield in defensive on/off...
19-20: -4.7
18-19: -1.0
17-17: -4.1

Hield in DRPM...
19-20: -2.62
18-19: -1.38
17-18: +2.69 (what a strange outlier of a number that makes no sense?!?)

This is all while the SAC TEAM ranked 20th, 20th, and 28th in NBA defensive rating during those years. 

So yeah...Buddy has the chance to be a net positive if he is getting open looks (and I can be talked into acquiring him). But the chances of him being an impactful TWO-WAY player is virtually zero IMO.

Lol, typed just a bit too soon. I knew this was coming.

Was it the suggestion of Hield that offended you, or my joke? Because my joke was a Game of Zones reference and not meant to be offensive at all.
I actually disagree, as I bet he has a bounce back year playing in the Mavs system which I think will maximize his strengths. Which will also maximize his trade value, which means I think we could get a good return in a trade. We'd be able to move him for expirings to free up the cap space in the event Giannis doens't sign his max deal.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Dundalis - 09-16-2020, 01:16 AM