Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I said the #31 pick would be included. That would be the payment for some team taking Jackson and Wright who aren't as garbage as you think they are. Wright was put into a position where he had to do a lot of off-ball stuff. He's still a good backup player on many teams. He plays defense and shot 37% from 3.

So the 3rd team gets #31 and Lakers get something, either a player they like better than DG or a pick or whatever. It could happen the same way it happened at the TDL. The Mavs are including a BETTER pick this time around bc they would be trying to shed Wright's deal in the process.

(09-15-2020, 03:50 PM)omahen Wrote:
As for just the Wright+Jackson+31 for Green part, I wouldn't do it. This really is a win now move for a one year rental old guy, and we are not there yet. If someone bad trades for him, he might be cut at TDL and we can get him then

I am not saying its amazing but Mavs would basically be getting the deal they wanted last summer which was DG for Wright. They give up 31 but that might be worth it for them as you get a starting guard/wing in DG and still have the MLE that can likely net another starter. 2021 cap space would be preserved. It feels like a Donnie type of move to me.

Rough idea what MBT *could* do knowing how much they love Plan Powder:

1. Wright+Jackson+#31 for DG or equivalent 1 yr player they like
2. #18 wing player that Mavs can afford to pay 3 mil to in 2021 absent Wright's money (or maybe just trade for future pick if they don't like their options)
3. Budget MLE wing Mavs like (Crowder, Justin Holiday, DJJ, RHJ, etc.) that still allows Mavs max space in 2021.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-15-2020, 04:07 PM