Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-15-2020, 02:20 PM)omahen Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 01:57 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Lakers would just get Green off the books, yielding them a large TE they could use.

Again. Why would a contender just want to get rid of a player? TPE is not really worth much, because, who will just gift you a good player? They also don't get cap space by dumping him. So, they can do much better if they want to upgrade Green. They have Kuzma and picks to attach to him if needed.

I appreciate you are trying, but again and again you are assuming, contenders will just dump players, if they had a not so good season.

I haven't watched enough of the Lakers playoffs to know if DG has redeemed himself but a couple weeks ago they were ready to get rid of him. It really all depends on whether or not the Lakers view DG's potential replacement as better than DG himself.

Mavs almost got DG at the trade deadline for Lee so I don't get why you think this is such a crazy idea. You keep dumping all over these ideas even this one which is almost exactly the deal that almost happened a few months ago. Knicks were going to send Morris to Lakers, Lakers would send DG to Dallas and Dallas was going to send Lee + a 2nd to the Knicks. Presumably Lakers would have had to give something else to the Knicks. Cubes thought it was a done deal.

The summer deal which again isn't sexy but I could see happening is some kind of deal like that. Lakers get something they like better and the 3rd team who has no use for DG sends them to Dallas for filler and a pick.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-15-2020, 03:37 PM