Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-15-2020, 02:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Here's a player on a bad contract that I think could be available, and who might just benefit from a change to a better system, surrounded by better players: Buddy Hield. 

Now, I'm not a Hield expert, by any means, but I think he's getable, if they want him. @"Kammrath", what does your room full of blind, abacus wielding dudes say about his two-way potential?

I've been beating the Hield drum for what seems like 3 weeks at this point! Welcome to the train!

He'd be a 3rd star here. I have no doubts about it. He doesn't play defense, but honestly neither did THJ. What Hield does bring is being in the upper most echelon of elite 3pt shooting available. He has never had a season below 39%. He is the fastest player to 800 made 3's, beating out Steph Curry by a whole 9 games. He is a caliber shooter the likes of Steph, Lillard, and Klay. Having that kind of gravity when you have one of the most (if not the most) elite driver in the game is invaluable. 

AND we wouldn't really give up 2021 space depending on what we sent out. King fans are really really low on him. I read some King boards and their fans even suggested 18+THJ for 12+Hield. 

Maybe the Mavs can get away with sending some of their bloated contracts if that's how their how fanbase think his value is. Hield also makes Curry available for trade. If the Mavs just did THJ+Wright+18 for Hield straight up, they'd go into 2021 with 4,742,629 in space if the cap was at the lowest estimated 109 m. From there, the Mavs would have to create 28m in space.

Funnily enough, Powells, Curry's, and Kleber's contract gets you to 27.5m. So basically the entire team would be Luka/Hield/Dorian/Giannis/KP/Brunson and 6 vet min guys. Tough, but an avenue. 

Every time I try to do these hypothetical, the one contract that always makes me so mad is Powell's. What an unneeded albatross that hinders a lot of flexibility for 2021. Still have no clue what the Mavs were thinking. Perhaps they truly thought KP was a 4, and after seeing how good he was as a 5 once Powell went down they regret their choice. Either way the Powell contract needs to go.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by SleepingHero - 09-15-2020, 03:07 PM