Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
My prediction on Paul is he goes to NYK.  His agent is now in charge there and needs some credibility heading into 2021.  Paul gives them that.  NYK can easily absorb Paul using a combination of cap room and expiring contracts.  Portis $15mm/NG, Gibson $9.4mm/$1mm, Payton $8mm/$1mm, Ellington $8mm/$1mm and Bullock $4.2mm/$1mm all have contracts that are either Non-Guaranteed (NG) or partially guaranteed at only $1.0mm.  NY can wipe out all of that non-guaranteed salary and use mainly cap room in the deal.  Or, if OKC wants one or more of those guys on an expiring deal, they can be included.

I can see NYK using 27 and 38 to do the swap with Detroit for Kennard that we've discussed here (Kennard is a CAA guy).  They desparately need shooting.  I would be interested in swapping Jackson for Ntilikina.  Frank was in the 85th percentile on corner 3's last season.  He only shot .321% because he's bad Above the Break and on Pull Up 3's.  Here he'd spend more time in the corner.  He's a good perimeter defender and can initiate some as a ball handler.  Depending on the deal for Paul, someone is going to have too many PG's.  I'd much rather take a one year flyer on Frank than watch another year of Jackson.

Remember that early season game we lost to NYK?  Frank was 14/6/4 with 4 steals, 3 blocks and hit 4 of 5 threes in 37 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysOHeXlODmw
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by DanSchwartzgan - 09-15-2020, 07:01 AM