Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-14-2020, 04:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It is just a rumor, where a guy who is connected to Campazzo is laying out his options (he also mentioned the Spurs). But this isn't the first time where Campazzo has been linked to the Mavs. And Campazzo is a proven winner. 2x Euroleague champion, 4x Supercup champion. EuroCup Defensive player of the year (2017). SuperCup MVP. 2x All-Spanish League first team(2019,2020) and 2x All-Spanish League 2nd team (2017,2018).  There is a real argument that Campazzo is better than all the other players mentioned to fill the guard role off the bench. That includes Schroeder, White, Bledsoe and the rest. 

All of these doesn't change that we don't know if Mavs are actually pursuing Campazzo. You are jumping to conclusions by stating it as a fact.

(09-14-2020, 04:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: There is a real argument that Campazzo is better than all the other players mentioned to fill the guard role off the bench.

I think we have our back up guards from the bench - Brunson and Seth. I honestly don't care who they bring in for Barea role and limited minutes he played. And it should certainly be a vet min player, not half or even full MLE that some were fantasizing about. 

Other guys mentioned make sense if they are in the starting five. And I think they are all better than Campazzo. I just don't see him as an NBA starter due to many limitations I already mentioned. Based on all this, I would be surprised Mavs signed Campazzo for anything above vet min. Of course I may be wrong and Campazzo proves himself as a starter
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by omahen - 09-14-2020, 04:57 PM