Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-14-2020, 12:55 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 09:59 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not a fan of it myself but I think we haven´t mentioned it so far. What about taking on some longterm salary in exchange for assets (draft picks, young players). It would give the Mavs more options to add talent in the future if they don´t like the current options. Adding a contract like Horfords or CP3s (just for example) would give the Mavs a big expiring contract that they could use in trades in 2022 or 2023. Added draft picks could be a trade asset as well but potential first round picks (maybe even lottery) could also be a cheap way to add talent.

Sixers aren't going to attach picks to dumping Horford. That would make them worse now and in the future. CP3's market value is great at the moment, if anything OKC is going to be getting a pick or two this offseason when they trade him. The Bucks are for sure the most desperate and will likely send a pick + Bledsoe and filler for CP3.

Speaking of Bledsoe he is still a good player. OKC could just keep him and continue this trend where they still manage a good roster while they are rebuilding. I didn't get why ppl thought they wouldn't be good last year despite having a very talented roster.

If you could get Bledsoe flaws and all for Wright and Jackson in a pure salary dump deal would you do that? I know people are down on him but in this scenario you are getting a talent upgrade for free basically. He would likely be the starting guard next to Luka. You would be bowing out of a max slot in 2021 unless you moved him then which might not be impossible. He only has 4 mil guaranteed in 2022. I also would bet that a combination of Rick and Luka would solve Bledsoe's offensive problems. Bledsoe would not have to be the primary ball-handler and I bet his 3% goes up here.
I have a feeling there will be some trash swaps. 

Houston gets: Horford and Terry Rozier

Philly gets: Nick Batum

Charlotte gets: Westbrook 

Something like this could benefit all 3 teams but I’m doubtful Houston will be a tax payer. Something like this would be their best hope though
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Jason Terry - 09-14-2020, 02:32 PM