Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-13-2020, 05:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Don't flame me too hard, but I don't see a need for both Curry and THJ on this team, and Curry might just end up being the best "sell high" option this summer. 

I know he's wetter than rain. I know he can create for himself on those 2 dribble mid-range moves. I know he's amazing. 

But, he can NOT run an offense, which is why Burke was so important in the playoffs, and why Curry's volume won't ever be high enough to make the percentages work for the power of good. And, of all the "he doesn't play defense" shade catching Mavericks, he's really the only one I completely agree with. 

Don't hate me.

I think there's enough room for Schroeder (or Burke), THJ, Curry and Brunson on the TEAM, but maybe not in the healthy ROTATION.

So for one year I think you can have all these guards. THJ might not be around forever so I would rather have Curry who is an all-time shooter locked into a great contract. Curry I thought played great in the playoffs especially with Burke pushing the pace. I feel like we stumbled on a formula in the playoffs that will be hard to stop. Curry and Burke were sprinting down the court, it was very hard to defend. Brunson plays a more deliberate pace which is fine and also great in a half court set. Curry does better with that fast-paced style so pairing him with another guy like Schroeder (or keeping Burke) could make this bench the best in the league.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-13-2020, 06:11 PM