Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-13-2020, 04:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 04:27 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Schroder was +8.8 (!!!!) on/off defensively with OKC last year. They gave up 111.8 pts when he sat (114.9 in the playoffs) and only 103.0 when he played (103.8 in the playoffs). 

Point being: He is a positive defensively and can guard the little guys that Luka can't AND he is an incredible sparkplug on offense that I think would be unstoppable in RC's system. 

He is VERY high on my list for trade targets with the likes of OPJ, Tomas, Jrue, etc.

I am just going to quote myself to bring home the point of Schroder's INCREDIBLE impact on the OKC defense this year.

@"Kammrath" et al would you start Schroeder? I am guessing you would do Luka, Schroeder, THJ, DFS, KP unless you trade THJ or find an MLE player that would upgrade DFS's spot in the lineup. Rick wouldn't be afraid to have 3 guards as he has started Curry with THJ before. It would be small-ball lineup but that's the way things are going.

I am not against it altho I still would like a really good defensive wing that could challenge for a starting spot. If Schroeder does well, he could make THJ expendable. That lineup would definitely generate a lot of offense.

(09-13-2020, 05:32 PM)omahen Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 05:19 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Not sure if that’s Schroeder but having Hardaway and another high level players bird rights gives us options going forward

Don't get me wrong, I am not all in on Schroeder or saying he is best option. Mavs can't afford best options. I am in the camp "trade Wright and Jackson for best possible player. Attach picks if necessary". If that is Schroeder, I am fine. If that is Richardson, I am fine. If that is "just" Young, I am also fine. I am sure Mavs will do due dilligence and check all options.

Ya I think the Schroeder thing checks boxes bc I am pretty sure 18 would put you near the top of offers. I might try to get a 2nd back out of the deal. Plenty of teams will have interest in Schroeder but I am not sure any would give a pick that high. The other boxes would be freeing up JJ's spot for a veteran and more importantly clearing Wright's money off the books.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-13-2020, 05:35 PM