Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-13-2020, 08:50 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 08:33 AM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 06:15 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: 2018: DiVincenzo, L. Walker, Huerter and Spellman, Okobo, Jevon Carter and Mitchell Robinson, Trent Jr., Kurucs

That's a pretty good list. I would be bolding Mitchell Robinson and Trent Jr as well.

Derrick White doesn't do anything for me. We don't need guards, we need wings. I would put Jrue as an exception because he is an elite perimeter defender and can play both guard spots. If you aren't getting an elite player like that then you aren't really doing any better than just putting Seth or Brunson in the starting lineup.

I want athletic, 3D wings, the more the merrier.

Actually I forgot how good a defender White is so maybe I would do #18 for him...
Yeah, but why would the Spurs let him go. That´s where this whole plan falls apart anyway. On one hand people argue you can´t find a player as good as White at #18 (you obviously can as White himself was the #29 pick). On the other hand if it were true it completely defeats the argument why the Spurs would do the trade. Dodgy
To them it wouldn’t be just 18 vs White. They’re at $119 million before capholds for players like Forbes. We could save them about 5 million on next season’s cap. That matters especially: 1) covid effects on tickets 2) spurs primed for rebuild 3) already over cap and projections cap will be lower
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Jason Terry - 09-13-2020, 11:48 AM