Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I am not sure what White's market value is. He's a good player but not amazing. They might rather trade him for a better fitting player vs a draft pick though. So ya he isn't super high on my radar. 

I still like Crowder, Justin Holiday options among others. Mo Harkless isn't a favorite but he is a guy that will be available and probably cheaply. Rick would need to fix his shot. He does bring defense.

Thad Young would be easy to get bc of his age and contract. You would have to be sending away Wright in that scenario. Young's 6 mil guaranteed is still an issue in 2021, I think the Mavs would rather have zero guaranteed than even 6 bc of the uncertainty around the cap.

Now if you could send Powell for T. Young then you really have a good deal. That might be the only scenario I could see Powell getting shipped, altho still unlikely.

In terms of #18, #31 I think there's an almost zero percent chance they are drafting someone at #18 unless they think it's a sure-fire star in the making. #31 is definitely a possibility if they like a player since they have more flexibility in how the contract is structured. I believe #18 gets traded for *something*. Either a player, a future 1st round pick or a trade-down. 

A future first would make it easier to trade THJ post-opt-in during the offseason or at the TDL and would be easy enough to acquire. A team wanting to draft a guy they like could simply trade a future lotto-protected 1st rounder and maybe a 2nd or two for the guy they like at #18. Mavs would basically retain a 1st round asset and cap space, rather than drafting a prospect who might not play much and eats up future cap space.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-13-2020, 10:47 AM