Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-13-2020, 07:22 AM)omahen Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 06:15 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: So I´d say it´s actually not that far-fetched to say you can do better than White/Young, especially the upside is so much higher and affordable. Only 2012 was a complete bust in the #18 range, but then look at the players that went 34-40.

Your list clearly shows you can also do far worse than White and Young in the draft. Young and White are a sure thing, #18 and #31 turning into players of White and Young quality is not a sure thing. The conclusion is simple. And you are not just giving away picks for "bad contracts", you are also trading players we think are worthless.

If you want to prove draft is more than a play of chance, show me a front office that consistently picks valuable role players in the range of 18-32.

I think this trade might be fair.

But I'd like to know who's the one falling in the draft or if there are ways to trade up.

I think Delon for Young can be done later. Without a pick or with a future second if we really want to. 

GSW had a pretty good run with their picks lately.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Mapka - 09-13-2020, 07:43 AM