Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-12-2020, 09:08 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Just found this forum. Sup

Foundation here for a 3 way swap?

Mavs get: Derrick White and Thad Young

Spurs get: Pick 18, Delon Wright and Justin Jackson

Bulls get: Pick 31 and Rudy Gay

Spurs and Bulls do it for the picks and the cap space. Mavs get an age appropriate two way guard to add to our core without sacrificing much 2021 room. Plus mavs get another big/wing as insurance for KP. Offer up the full MLE to Derrick Jones Jr and let’s go. Youth plus keep Hardaway and all our best players

Thad Young has grown on me a bit. White would be a more consistent Burke. AND the Mavs get off the Wright contract. So it's an all around win. 

So super solid trade for the Mavs. I don't think the Bulls would be happy to get 34 year Gay and a 2nd rounder for just Thad Young, especially since they're trying to rebuild. Spurs get a lot of assets in return but I doubt they'd ever deal with us unless it was for more drastic measures. 

I do feel like the Mavs could do more with their 2 picks this year than just White and Young though...
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by SleepingHero - 09-12-2020, 09:34 PM