Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-12-2020, 07:07 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs at a minimum have to find that 5th starter. 

Totally agree, but I'm not sure they share your assessment of what that statement means. 

I believe Carlisle WANTED to start Curry, but knew he couldn't against the Clippers. The Luka/Curry/THJ/DFS/KP lineup is the one he was settling into right before the shutdown.

It's not that I don't think they want help defensively or with size. I just feel like they really want another ball handler on the court with Luka. I don't think it necessarily has to be a guard, but it's probably going to be a replacement in the lineup above for Curry, which means:

Luka/?/THJ/DFS/KP or
Luka/THJ/?/DFS/KP or
Luka/THJ/DFS/?/KP

I think guys like Crowder and Ibaka are good fits for the team to an extent, but not solutions to what I believe the Mavs think is their most glaring weakness. 

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure they want a guy who's a two-way player.

We've talked about Scrhoeder recently. He could be an option. Does Vanvleet do anything for anyone?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-12-2020, 07:15 PM