Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Mavs at a minimum have to find that 5th starter. They never really settled on one the entire year. Powell was a starter most of the year and I think it's reasonable to think the Mavs will not start him again with KP as KP really shined once he became the center. Rick shuffled the lineup so many times post-Powell you would have to think he wasn't really happy with any combination he tried. Lee, Curry and Kleber all had their share of starts. 

Obviously in the playoffs he went with Kleber which I think was the right way to go for that time even if there was no perfect answer. In my view the Mavs need the athletic 3D wing they wanted last year.

Justin Holiday would be another good wing candidate. 31 yr old and hey he's the bro of Jrue. We know the Mavs love signing brothers of all-star players!

Holiday previously signed using the room exception (for Memphis I think?) so he's likely available for a reasonable deal. If you could get Holiday and keep Burke or get another defensive wing like DJJ or RHJ I think you'd be good to go.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-12-2020, 07:07 PM