Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-12-2020, 03:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 03:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: All of this is to illustrate that Luka's insanely high usage is not by design.

I disagree. I think RC knows the more times you have the ball in Luka's hands, the more success you will have. 

I think next year Luka's usage will be about the same as this year. I will be shocked with any significant cut, especially in the playoffs.

Luka does not play the same minutes per game as MJ. MJ career average is around 38 minutes per game. In the playoffs that number was 40+. So essentially Jordan is seeing a the same usage rate as Luka with higher minutes per game. 

Luka is around 32 to 36 minutes per game. max in the playoffs. That is a huge difference. 

As others have said we have no one that can generate offense in the mid range outside of Luka. When I say generate offense I mean pass/score... He may be the easiest attainable piece that can offer that for us outside of overpaying for an old Chris Paul. Derozan is also very consistent and has only missed 5 games in the last 3 years.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Omega_Supreme - 09-12-2020, 06:47 PM