Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I am not worried ab high usage. Rick does like two ball handlers and THJ counts even if he isn't a top tier playmaker he can do it enough to spell Luka on occasion. Brunson does great running the offense, usually when Luka is off the floor but they do play together some. Brunson helped close games some last year. Curry like THJ can do some playmaking and I would say does a better job. He plays some with or without Luka.

Burke played with and without Luka and I thought played great. When Luka was sitting Burke pushed the pace really well and created easy offense. When Luka and Burke played together Burke did well with catch and shoot and could also handle the ball some. I would love to see Burke back if possible. Mavs will have a lot of guards but Rick isn't afraid of too many guards. Luka, THJ, Curry, Brunson and Burke would be fine bc there's always injuries.

I think the Kemba pursuit was partly about another ball-handler but a big part of it was landing a 3rd star. If Kemba was a star wing I believe they would have pursued him just as aggressively. I think Jrue's versatility would be very valuable here as he can play either guard spot. I expect he will net a very good return for the Pels so I am not sure the Mavs have enough to get him.

Absent Jrue I don't think you have to break the bank to get another ball handler. The guards we have are good and if the Mavs could keep Burke he would add another dimension to the offense.

(09-12-2020, 02:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ideally, you want a guy who moves like Crowder, plays tough like Crowder, isn't afraid to shoot in big moments like Crowder, but who is 6'8-6-'9" with a 7' wingspan. Middleton (who you're not getting, obvs) is the prototypical dude who pops into my head.

I have a feeling Crowder gets a big payday this year. Pat Bev last summer as a 31 yr old got 40 mil. Aminu as a 28 yr old got 30 mil. Danny Green got 30 mil over 2 years. I think full MLE is definitely in play for Crowder.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-12-2020, 05:53 PM