Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-12-2020, 09:30 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Ibaka is a center.  He's a much better interior defender than on the perimeter.  You can certainly play him next to KP on offense, but that combo will get pick and rolled to death on D.  Ibaka was a bench player this season unless Gasol was unavailable. 

Gasol and Ibaka played together a total of 89 minutes all season in 19/20.  It was only 31 minutes together in 18/19.

This is the part that people don't get.  ^^^

When it comes to running the floor, switching, defending perimeter players, etc, Kleber is  way, way better than Ibaka. I'm not saying Ibaka doesn't help you, because he IS a player I believe the Mavs could use effectively. But, the minutes he'd get, when everyone is healthy, would be all of Boban's, and maybe a few from KP, Powell and Kleber. He'd very rarely (if ever) be on the court WITH KP.

Basically, he and Kleber would be your backup bigs, and you'd never see WCS or Boban again. Are you better? Yeah, probably, but is that worth the entire MLE???

This is all good fun, and none of us have inside info, but the one thing I'm willing to seriously bet my life on in this topic is that the Dallas Mavericks will not, under any circumstances, be employing Demar DeRozan. You cannot win in this league today with guys at that position who can't or won't shoot.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-12-2020, 02:25 PM