Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-12-2020, 11:06 AM)omahen Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 09:30 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Ibaka

He sure is a possibility, although I would expect a one year Raptors offer in the range of 15 mil. If available, I would prefer Milsap, though. I think Kleber, Powell and Milsap can cover non KP regular season games just fine.

I see Ibaka as an upgrade over Kleber in the starting lineup. Kleber and KP played fine together in the playoffs so there's no reason why Ibaka wouldn't do well in that spot. He is tall but can play PF or center. Kleber off the bench with Powell makes a lot of sense. They play well together and Rick likes Kleber to fill KP's spot when KP is on the bench. Ibaka is still only 30 years old and brings that veteran presence we really need. I do think he is gettable if you give him multiple years as the Raptors want to preserve cap space.

The starting lineup would be: Luka, THJ, DFS, Ibaka, KP which as you saw in the playoffs gives you really good interior defense and rebounding. You are giving up some perimeter defense bc it's hard to solve every problem. At some point you need to find ways to upgrade spots in your starting lineup. Our bench should be the best in the league with Curry, Brunson, Powell, Kleber, Boban and I think you try to find a wing to replace Wright.  There's a better than zero chance Lee comes back for the minimum and finds a role off the bench.

(09-12-2020, 11:39 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Next year Mavs go in with
Luka/Brunson/White
DeRozan/Curry/Lee
DFS/DeRozan/Jackson/Reeves
KP/Maxi/Ibaka
Ibaka/Boban/*maybe WCS?

DeRozan doesn't play defense or shoot outside which makes him a bad fit. I would rather have THJ honestly. THJ is a better defender. If he opts-in I am totally good with just seeing how year 2 goes with him in the backcourt. Mavs have a ton of confidence now going into next year. I expect even with smaller moves to see the Mavs hitting the ground running (absent injury).

Also I wouldn't mind a vet min deal for Ryan Broekhoff. He doesn't really have a position but I think here he would be good as SF backup. He might not get consistent minutes but when he is in there we know he hustles on both sides of the ball and shoots 3s at a good clip.

The other move I'd like to see is bring in RHJ as a replacement for MKG. MKG's defense just isn't good enough to justify him being on a roster and that's supposed to be the one thing he does. RHJ is a legit defender that we need on the bench.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-12-2020, 12:06 PM