Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-11-2020, 02:19 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: So the Lee thing has been mentioned and sounds interesting on it's face. Have we see a S&T like that in the current CBA? I don't recall whether we have seen a "filler" based S&T. If we did do something like that it would make more sense why the Mavs kept Lee and his big cap hold to begin with.  

I thought I answered this once, but maybe not.  This kind of thing (non-guaranteed years after the first one) is positively mentioned in the section of the FAQ on S&T.  Nothing sinister here.  You are taking a FA with Bird rights and signing and trading him.  There is a 3 year contract requirement, but only the first one has to be guaranteed.

(09-11-2020, 02:19 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: So evidently THJ can't be paired with picks anyways so that's a moot point.  

I didn't say "can't", but I do think it will be very tricky.  There really isn't an incentive for THJ to decide his option until after the draft.  If he does, he's subject to being traded without any control over his destination.  Dallas can't really draft someone for another team on the hope THJ opts in a few days later either.  Could Dallas draft someone, then wait for THJ to opt in and then trade both?  Yes.  Does that feel likely?  Not really.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by DanSchwartzgan - 09-11-2020, 04:27 PM