Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-11-2020, 02:58 PM)omahen Wrote: To add to that 2020 strategy. Jrue is most likely out of reach for Wright/Jackson core and picks. But players like:
Sato, OPJ, Young, Osman, Rose, Kennard, J.Johnson, Schroeder, Richardson, Oubre and White are possible. Each of them makes our team better than Wright/Jackson in theory. Bunch of interesting MLE targets like Dunn, DJJ, Crowder, Millsap, perhaps Grant or Wood are also available. If we can pull one guy from the trade group and one from MLE group this team is considerably better imho. Or we just draft a rookie, if we really like someone, sign someone for MLE and try to switch Wright for someone like Snell, who would fit better

While I love to draft someone I still doubt the MBT on that front.  

I'm hoping we can ditch Wright + 31 for someone that can contribute consistently.

We do have some assets in our picks, Curry, Brunson, Maxi, DFS and dare I say THJ.  I think Curry and Brunson are probably are most attractive trade pieces but maybe that partly because I'm selfish and want to retain Maxi and DFS as I think they'll continue to improve.  I know Maxi struggled with his shot during the playoffs, but I think his problem is similar to Luak's at the line in that they exert so much energy elsewhere that those percentages suffer because of it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by cow - 09-11-2020, 03:09 PM