Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-11-2020, 12:36 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 11:11 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: @"DanSchwartzman" pour cold water on picks + THJ

I still think there's a very good chance Wright is moved along with 1 or 2 picks for another player. Wright + Jackson would add up to 14 mil which would help in a lot of salary matching moves. For Jrue I think you'd end up having to do Wright, Jackson, Curry + 2 picks for Holiday. Pels have a lot of open roster spots so I don't think having an uneven player swap would be an issue.

Don’t forget Lee.  Wright/Jackson and Lee at $6.3mm gets the job done once the calendar turns.  This is an example of Plan: “why not do it now” for Dallas.  I have no idea what the proper pick compensation should be, but getting the money right is fairly easy.

Getting a return for Jrue is probably better asset management for NO than letting him get to free agency in 2021.  They are much further behind in the timeline than Dallas and he will be expensive (same agent that just got all that money for Al Horford).  The question is whether Dallas can get away with Wright, two expiring deals and say #18 and 2025.  There will clearly be other bidders, but matching $25mm isn’t easy.  Much will depend on Jrue’s willingness to sign an extension to go somewhere.  He’d be eligible for a 20% raise on his $25mm final year salary.

If you can somehow pull that off and keep your current core (including THJ) and use the MLE this summer (Grant?) then are those three players worth giving up the Giannis chase?  Does the equation change if you have to include Maxi or Curry instead of S&T Lee?

If I have to give up Curry + multiple picks, can I get Lonzo thrown n the deal?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by cow - 09-11-2020, 02:57 PM