Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-11-2020, 02:34 PM)omahen Wrote: AD, LeBron, Kawhi and PG most likely WON'T be free agents in 2021. Gobert is a bad fit and Adams is a dinosaur far from a max player. DeRozan is far from max player too. This leaves you with Oladipo and all the doubts if he really is a max player. Jrue will most likely be traded this season (and then resigned) or he stays put.

2nd tier guys we can easily sign, even if we add full MLE this season and change Wright+Jackson for someone that has 2021 salary left on his contract.

Conclusion again - having 2021 flexibility as number 1 strategy is not smart. Number 1 strategy should be improve as much as possible this season while keeping the core.

Agreed on AD, etc altho they might be briefly FA's before signing longer deals with their current teams.

Agreed on Gobert, Adams and any other center idea. Did ppl watch last season??1 KP is our center. 

Oladipo is a target and will probably get a dumb contract just bc of supply and demand, and he will have a lot of choices where to go if he even makes it to FA before he's traded. I think the Pacers will be highly motivated to trade him before the offseason bc they understand as a small market team that they won't be able to keep a lot of their guys who become FAs.

Agreed on Jrue which is why I want the Mavs at least in on some trade negotiations.

Sort of agree on second tier guys but I don't think MBT will go that route. I think they might go away from Plan Powder if Giannis is off the board but they are still going to be hunting for a big target like Jrue, Oladipo or others in that sort of tier 2, tier 3 level almost all-star bucket of players.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-11-2020, 02:51 PM