Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-11-2020, 12:06 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 11:52 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I am starting to think that this will be one of the most boring offseasons in history. Uncertain cap situation. Uncertain date for the draft (will we even have pre draft workouts?). Uncertain date for opt in/out deadlines. Uncertain date for the start of free agency.
I expect most players with an option to opt in. RFA to stay with their team. The few available UFA to sign with teams that have capspace. No big trades.
Well, if that means we are not trading 2-3 picks for a player that becomes an UFA in 7-8 months like Holiday, I´ll be very happy.

Those proposals make no sense to me.

Package Kleber+Wright for an good expiring player or free agent makes more sense. I like Maxi, but if we can sign Saric or Markkanen, he becomes expendable. Since his contract has positive value, he can off-set the negative value of Wright. If we go above the MLE for Saric (say 64/4), Kleber would actually be an ideal partner for Ayton. Sets us up nicely to spend the MLE and keep both picks.

What I think will happen is a lot of bigger 1+1 contracts. Players anticipate the cap staying the same for the next 24 months. Franchises not wanting to commit big long-term.

Not really sure how Maxi becomes expendable just because the Mavs sign another all offense/no defense PF. Saric will probably not even get the full MLE. QO is more likely.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by dirkfansince1998 - 09-11-2020, 12:26 PM