Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
@"DanSchwartzman" pour cold water on picks + THJ which has been cited by a lot of media peeps. It makes sense that THJ wouldn't be officially "opted in" by the time the draft roles around. That is a big deal to me bc it would make a Jrue Holiday type move more difficult.

I still think there's a very good chance Wright is moved along with 1 or 2 picks for another player. Wright + Jackson would add up to 14 mil which would help in a lot of salary matching moves. For Jrue I think you'd end up having to do Wright, Jackson, Curry + 2 picks for Holiday. Pels have a lot of open roster spots so I don't think having an uneven player swap would be an issue.

Not sure Pels would go for that or not.

I would love Giannis on the Mavs but think the chance is extremely low so I hope he puts us all out of our misery and signs the Supermax. With the uncertainty related to the cap he has extra money motivation (to the extent he cares ab that) to lock in a huge deal now.

As we discussed 2021 is sort of a Giannis or bust scenario. If/when he becomes unavailable, I think the MBT will suddenly become more flexible in terms of Plan Powder. To me at that point PP is a fallback if they can't find something better now than what they anticipate being available in 2021.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-11-2020, 11:11 AM