Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-10-2020, 10:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 06:56 PM)cow Wrote: Lonzo has been on my reclamation project wish list.  I think you could turn him into a 3D guy and he also has the ability to be a secondary/tertiary ball handler alongside Luka.  As much as I like Seth, if he's your path to Jrue, I like the gamble.  To a lesser extent, he has a little bit of THJ in him with how streaky he can be.

I love Lonzo the player, and I wouldn't even call him a "reclamation project" because yeah, he's not what he was hyped up to be, but he's progressing about as fast as most rookies do. It's not like he's Fultz. 

But, sadly, I don't think I'd have him on my team at any price if I were a GM. It's not that he can't help you, because he can, but I'd want no part of that awful, terrible, distracting father.

(09-10-2020, 08:26 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: If Giannis resigns the extension in the next few weeks or months with the Bucks, who is the realistic target then for 2021?

I see no realistic option for us as here is the list of the top 10 free agents.

The only guy on this list is Victor Oladipo who if he is our best chance then we need to try and get him now vs. later. The others guys on this list do not fit the Luka timeline and are not realistic options.

10. Victor Oladipo, Indiana Pacers
9. Gordon Hayward, Boston Celtics
8. DeMar DeRozan, San Antonio Spurs
7. Jrue Holiday, New Orleans Pelicans
6. Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz
5. Paul George, Los Angeles Clippers
4. Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers
3. LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
2. Kawhi Leonard, Los Angeles Clippers
1. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks

This is one of the reasons why I want to trade up into the lottery and draft someone. I do not want to overpay for anyone

I agree this list isn't super without Giannis on it, as many of the other top names won't be available, but...if Oladipo bounces back this year, I'd be all about it, and tbh, I'd like to see the NEXT 10 guys on the list.

Really olds, RFAs, Adams and Otto Porter.

By the way, to me Oladipo is the worst fit ever after Westbrook or Harden. He is like a more expensive Wright.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by Mapka - 09-11-2020, 12:53 AM