Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
People are under-appreciating Jalen Brunson. I love me some Brunson and I would not move him for Jrue, as much as I love Jrue. One reason is because I don't know that other teams value him as much as the Mavs due so the team getting him would not consider JB a big prize. I also just love JB's fit on this team, I do not want to move him unless I really have to.

Jrue would be an awesome move but there will be some competition. The Warriors for one might give up the #2 pick. I think Aaron Gordon might make more sense for them that Jrue but who knows what they think.

For the Mavs I would give up expirings (THJ, JJ) + #18, #31 and might be able to to THJ + Seth and picks instead if I really thought it was going to help solidify the 3rd guy. Mind you this is probably a post-Giannis move but Jrue could very well opt-out in 2021 or be easily movable if he did opt-in. So even if you got Jrue now it doesn't preclude you from a Hail-Mary Giannis attempt in 2021.

Moving Seth would also clear up more cap space. I am not sure Pels would require Seth or not but he is an asset they might desire. The Pels don't have a lot of outside shooting and JJ Redick is 36 so they might view Seth as an upgrade. At any rate I think Jrue would be a clear upgrade over Seth so you'd have to consider it.

(09-10-2020, 06:56 PM)cow Wrote: Lonzo has been on my reclamation project wish list.  I think you could turn him into a 3D guy and he also has the ability to be a secondary/tertiary ball handler alongside Luka.  As much as I like Seth, if he's your path to Jrue, I like the gamble.  To a lesser extent, he has a little bit of THJ in him with how streaky he can be.

I love Seth and do not want to trade him but it might cost a player of his caliber to get a 3rd reliable starter. Curry is the same age as Jrue and both have an injury history. I think Trey Burke could have some potential to replace some of what Curry does (altho they also play really well together so it'd be nice to have both players) and is 27. I doubt Curry gets traded because the Mavs love him but anything is possible if you want a big upgrade on this roster.

(09-10-2020, 05:48 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: You're presuming we still have Luka.

Pretty safe bet in that no RFA has ever turned down a max contract and so Luka would still be in that window. I think his deal would come in 2022 and max contracts are usually 4+1 so that would extend through 2025.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 09-10-2020, 07:05 PM