Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-10-2020, 03:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 03:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Jrue Holiday is "the best defender in the NBA." Man, I wish he was available.

He would be great. My concern with him is that he has crossed the 30 year old point and is close to 24,000 minutes in the NBA....at some point his body is not going to let him be what he once was on D or O.

Ok, so to me, THIS is where the fascinating conversation happens, because going into this season I would have agreed wholeheartedly. And, I'm not saying you're wrong now, but the fact that the team is this good this soon has me wondering if the Mavs FO might not be looking for dudes at exactly that point in their careers. Winners. I can't honestly say what I think about the timeline, because I don't know. It will be interesting to learn what THEY think though, and we should find out pretty soon. How they handle the draft will tell us a lot.

What I am prepared to say is that if I'm running the Pelicans, I definitely don't see him as a fit with their timeline. I mean, Zion, Ingram and Ball are nice, don't get me wrong, but those dudes don't have a clue how to win yet, and someone like Holiday is wasted there, at the moment. Given his age and value, I move that dude for any asset I can get and never look back. It will be interesting to see what THEY think, too.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-10-2020, 03:42 PM