Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I think Beverly and Morris, of the Clippers, are two great examples of this, as is Jerami Grant. Yes, all of those guys' roles are to be physical with the opponents' best players and to attempt to slow them down by thinking defense first. But in a tie ball game with under two minutes remaining, they're ALSO dudes who make the opposing fans' hearts fall into the pit of their stomachs when they catch the ball in the corner, wide open. 

THAT is the type of player the Mavs need to move forward, and I'm not doing a damn thing to this roster unless I'm getting that type of player as a result. 

If you examine the teams who are left in this tournament, the common thread is that they all have more two-way players than the Mavs do (except for MAYBE Denver). Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single player on the Clippers, Boston or even Toronto that AREN'T at least a little effective on both ends of the court. Miami has many more two-way players than Dallas does. The Lakers don't have many of them at all, and in some cases are playing people who are bad on both sides of the court, but their STARS are two-way players, which makes winning immeasurably easier, because they get star calls on both sides of the court.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 09-10-2020, 02:19 PM